Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Release

With Mother's Day and Spring Release came the
SPRING 2009 WINE TOUR PARTY BUS!


When Miss Eva Joe invited me to be her date for a wine tour on a party bus, I was so excited! And I was not let down. We had a fabulous day. Perfect weather, terrific wines, beautiful balloons, and amazing company.

We started off by visiting L'Ecole No. 41 and Woodward Canyon. We were off to a wonderful start. I absolutely loved the Syrah at L'Ecole, and was amazed with the dry Reisling at Woodward. I just had to buy them both, I mean...after all, what's a wine tour without a little to remember it by?


Next we were off the Cougar Crest, where I enjoyed the wines, but the conversation more!

Lunch at Dusted Valley Vintners was fabulous! We had a picnic with sandwiches, salad, and of course WINE. Here we met the most wonderful pourer, Andre'. He was fabulous, and kept us ladies in full supply of the wines. To sum up our time here, let me just say
I LOVE ME SOME SYRAH (slurp)


After lunch, we jumped..or swaggered back on the party bus, and headed to Rulo Winery where the bus driver, Richard showed us that chivalry is not dead. On a side note, I think Dick has a little crush on Marci Marce.

Walla Walla Vintners was really nice. I really enjoyed their Cabernet Sauvignon, and I also enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Every time I drive up Mill Creek to see my parents, I comment on how I'd like to check it out. Worth the drive.
Incubator Wineries was very interesting. The set up reminds me of the houses on Edward Scissorhands. They all look the same, but in different, sherbet colors. Very cute. We only really visited Kontos Cellars while here. That was fun, since Kevin farms right next to Chris Kontos, who was pouring wine for us.

Quick pic of Eva, Carrie, and Jason outside the tasting room at Kontos Cellars. We were all pretty droopy eyed at this point in the day.
Last but not least, we were off to dinner at Dunham Cellars. They have some wonderful wines, and the food was delicious as well.

The tasting Room at Dunham
The decorations were beautiful at Dunham, and dinner was great!



Eva and I had a wonderful time; we are definitely doing it next year! Thanks again, Eva for a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment