Saturday, May 2, 2009

April Showers

Holly just had her bridal shower. I can't believe she is getting married in 3 weeks! Congratulations, Holly and Jim! The shower was really fun. We played little games, gave Holly advice, and my favorite part was making wedding dresses out of Toilet paper and ribbon! Here's a picture of the winning design. Brought to you exclusively by Chabre-Reser Designs. :)

Here is Holly enjoying herself with Sarah Hoffmann, sister in law to be, and a friend from work. Holly had a 'honey do whistle' that she could blow whenever she wanted to be waited on. The power went to her head for sure!

The Day after the shower, we had a big BBQ and planted a vegetable garden! Holly and Cindi helped me set up a 'master plan' for the garden. I planted my herb garden already. Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley, Cilantro, and Chives. I planted a ton on green beans, so let me know if you want any once they are ready to harvest. I have started seeds inside for Roma tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash. Cindi just brought me sweet onion starts, and she is also starting watermelon and bell peppers in her greenhouse for me. I think we'll plant strawberries and carrots too! We have had rain showers pretty constantly since planting, so hopefully that will help the plants grow big and bountiful!

I swear it's not just dirt! Notice the dogs like to walk through!
A few flowers by the front steps. Lovely!

The Scudders came over to hang out, and Chris broke out his huge grills to slow cook ribs. I promise I'm not just saying this to make Chris feel good- MMM, MMM they were good!

Here are Jesse and Bradley; they spend most of the afternoon painting pet rocks with Deb. Debi had the most fun of all, I think. Love you, mama! The rocks are now a beautiful addition to my first ever attempt at a garden! We'll see how it goes.
Here's the new Cherry Blossom Tree Kevin planted for me, and my favorite potted plants on the porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment